“I don’t run too often, so I’ve just got to show ‘em that I can do it a little bit,” Brady said, discussing his six-yard run for a first down at the end of the third quarter. (Presser video here.)
“All the rest of the people out there, the opposing defenses that say I can’t run and won’t move out of the pocket,” Brady explained. “So at least there’s a little bit of a threat there. Not a big threat — I’m not like RGIII back there or anything — but I can make a first down.”
And everyone chuckled.
I’m trying to think of the last Redskin player who would have rated a mention during a random Tom Brady press conference. Uh. Still thinking. Bruce Smith? Deion Sanders? Either way, it’s been a while.
BECAUSE YOU DON’T READ THE PAPER
* Maske summarizes the RGIII injury news
* Brady’s ACL doc on the sprain: “[With] the way he plays — he’s not a stationary quarterback — and the fact he has his whole career ahead of him, I would be surprised if they weren’t very careful with him and let this thing heal up.”
* A graphic explaining everything you’ve ever wanted to know about the LCL but were afraid to ask.
* Mike Wise says Jim Haslett “needs to be recognized as a primary cog in the resuscitation” of the Redskins’ season…”The Redskins make stops when it matters. They get turnovers that lead to points. They make adjustments late in the game.” They get offensive coordinators fired for scoring just 28 points.
* Oh, Wizards. Gene Wang reports that “There’s no indication Wall is anywhere near close to coming back, either, considering the No. 1 overall pick in the 2010 draft has not been able to take jump shots.”
QUOTE OF THE NIGHT
Trent Williams, on RGIII’s availability:
“His health is far more important than any game we’ll play this season. His well-being is the only thing he should be worried about at this time. It’s really not worth injuring more, if he is at risk. It’s all up to him, with what his situation is.”
WHAT TO WATCH TODAY
The Wizards are in New Orleans at 8 on Comcast SportsNet. George Washington is at Rutgers at 7:30 on MASN. All TV/Radio listings are here.
VIDEO OF THE DAY
One fan’s freakout after Kirk Cousins converted that two-point conversion. Via Reader Ryan.
PHOTO OF THE DAY
Even Santa and the Mrs. want a piece of this kid. Via @HogsHaven.
JOHN WALL PARTY PICS
I hate to be a scold, and I’m thoroughly in favor of young, rich people being young and rich. But maybe keep the photographers away. Because when your team is flailing, and your return is a complete mystery, a bunch of photos of John Wall partying with Wale in Atlanta might rub some folks the wrong way. Via @recordsANDradio.
KARL ALZNER QUITS TWITTER
After a bit of contentiousness regarding the NHL lockout, the Caps’ defenseman has apparently given up on Twitter. Another lockout casualty. “That’s enough of Twitter, not much understanding of the situation,” he signed off with.
RGIII GETS A NEW DEAL
Injuries can’t stop the man. From Washington Business Journal: “SportBusiness Journal reports that Lenovo, the NFL’s official personal computer as of this season, is turning to the Web for some activation with new endorsers RG3 and Chicago Bears running back Matt Forte. A digital media campaign will direct consumers to the Funny Or Die website for a series of ‘fantasy coach’ vignettes.”