Wednesday night’s Wizards-Bucks game at Verizon Center was chock full of exciting moments.
There was the part when Washington coughed up a 20-point lead in the time it takes to say, “Oh, wow, the Wizards are killing Milwaukee,” finish your beer, and then look back up at the TV to see that the Bucks are up 73-72. Then there was the part when John Wall and Randy Wittman had it out on the bench in the third quarter over blown assignments (“That’s coaching, come on,” Wittman said of the exchange, via Michael Lee. “I love that.”) Then there was the part when Wall and the Wizards came out swinging in the fourth, pulling away for an eventual 106-93 win.
But the most enjoyable part of all, with 2:45 to go, was Larry Sanders’s sarcastic, three-thumb salute to the refs after his ejection for a pair of technicals. The reaction, seen below in gif form courtesy of @Wiz_Spurtin, is just the Best Ever.
All these exciting things last night, and nobody on hand to watch.
Thank goodness for the internet. And gifs. Always for gifs.
(Also, in doing extensive googling this morning, I learned two things:
1) Larry Sanders takes acting classes. They are obviously paying off. Bravo, sir.
2) Larry Sanders and ex-Redskins receiver Terrence Austin co-hosted a “Wild Out Wednesdays” party in Milwaukee last week. That is no “Lapdance Tuesday.”)
BECAUSE YOU DON’T READ THE PAPER
* Lorenzo Alexander says leaving the Redskins was both easy and hard. (This story was not in the paper, but still.)
* Henry Rodriguez is the one question mark of the Nats bullpen.
* Boz on what the WBC brilliance of Gio Gonzalez and Ross Detwiler could mean for the Nats.
* Today begins the last Big East tournament of its kind, and a win could propel Georgetown to big things.
PHOTO OF THE NIGHT
Via @ovi8, the Caps go out for sushi and a movie.
QUOTE OF THE NIGHT
Martell Webster, via Bullets Forever, on staying ready to play (also, go read the whole exchange):
“Whatever it takes. Have two midgets come in here and massage you. Whatever it takes, man, do it.”
SALLY JENKINS DEADSPIN CHAT
The Post columnist answers questions on Lance Armstrong’s lies (“I place it around 0.5 on the disgusting scale, in the same category as leaving the butter out overnight”), the Redskins name (yes, it is racially insensitive), Joe Paterno and other stuff. Worth checking out, if you can figure out Deadspin’s super-complicated new chat format.
PRANK OF THE DAY
Elliot in the Morning wakes up Alex Semin, causes much confusion. Check it out at RMNB.
WHAT TO WATCH TODAY
The Caps’ dwindling postseason hopes are all but extinguished with a loss to Carolina tonight, 7 on CSN. Georgetown vs. Cincinnati in a Big East quarterfinal, noon on ESPN. Plus way more college basketball. All TV/Radio listings are here.