The 495 Express Lanes open early Saturday, adding a new dimension to the Virginia side of the Capital Beltway.These four high-occupancy toll (or HOT) lanes rely on variable tolls, which means that your fee will change depending on how much traffic is on the road. There are no tollbooths, so you must have an E-ZPass unless you’re on a motorcycle.
Are you planning to try out these HOT lanes this weekend? Share your experiences in the comments below or by tweeting with the hashtag #HOTlanes (but please don’t do this while driving).
Here’s what other drivers have to say:
Not up to speed on the Express Lanes? Read some of our previous stories and blog posts:
- The ins and outs of Beltway express lanes
- Beltway HOT lanes: Innovation born of necessity
- A user’s guide for the Beltway express lanes
- Virginia officials exude confidence in Beltway express lanes
- Understanding tolls on Beltway express lanes
- Drivers need to study for Beltway express lanes
- Beltway express lanes to open before Thanksgiving, operators say