The Virginia Railway Express is considering a 4 percent fare increase that, if approved, would go into effect in July 2013.
VRE riders will have a chance to comment on the proposed increase at a series of public hearings taking place next month. There will be a total of seven hearings in Virginia and D.C. between March 5-28.
- Tuesday, March 5 at 7 p.m. (Burke Centre Conservancy “The Commons” Community Center; 5701 Roberts Parkway, Burke)
- Wednesday, March 6 at 7 p.m. (Stafford County Government Center Board Chambers, 1300 Courthouse Rd., Stafford)
- Tuesday, March 19 at noon (Crystal City Marriott, 1999 Jefferson Davis Hwy., Arlington)
- Wednesday, March 20 at 7 p.m. (P.R.T.C. Board Room, 2nd Floor, 14700 Potomac Mills Rd., Woodbridge)
- Thursday, March 21 at noon (Holiday Inn [L'Enfant], Discovery 1 Ballroom, 550 C. St. SW, Washington, D.C.)
- Wednesday, March 27 at 7 p.m. (Rappahannock Regional Library, Theatre Room, 1201 Caroline St., Fredericksburg)
- Thursday, March 28 at 7 p.m. (Manassas City Hall City Council Chamber Room, 9027 Center St., Manassas)
If you want to submit comments via e-mail, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to 703-684-1313. If you plan to attend but need special assistance (like a sign language interpreter), e-mail email@example.com or call Anna Gotthardt at 703-684-1001 or 703-684-0551 (TTY).