Metro is making changes to bus routes in the District, Maryland and Virginia later this month, with additional buses, schedule tweaks and other alterations.
The changes are set to arrive on Sunday, June 30.
Here are the routes that will be altered, broken down by jurisdiction. For a complete list of the changes, head here.
Metro will add trips to these lines as a way to ease crowding and make more buses run on time, according to the transit agency:
- Route 32 Pennsylvania Avenue (on weekday mornings)
- Route 63 Takoma-Petworth (on weekday mornings and afternoons)
- Route K2 Takoma-Fort Totten (on school days)
- Route W4 Deanwood-Alabama Avenue (on weekday evenings and weekends)
In addition, these lines will see some schedule changes:
- Routes 42, 43 Mount Pleasant (daily)
- Route 63 Takoma-Petworth (on weekdays)
- Route 94 Stanton Road (on weekdays)
- Routes 96, 97 East Capitol Street-Cardozo (daily)
- Route D5 MacArthur Blvd.-Georgetown (on weekdays)
- Routes U5, U6 Mayfair-Marshall Heights - (daily)
- Route W4 Deanwood-Alabama Avenue - (on weekends)
Schedules will be adjusted on these two routes:
- Routes C2, C4 Greenbelt-Twinbrook (on weekends)
- Route P12 Eastover-Addison Road (on weekends)
There will be schedule changes on these routes to help improve how these bus lines connect:
- Routes B21, B22 Bowie State University and Route C28 Pointer Ridge
- Route 89M Laurel and Routes G12, G14 Greenbelt-New Carrollton
- K6 New Hampshire Avenue and K9 New Hampshire Avenue Limited (this one’s during the afternoon and evening commute on weekdays)
Also, there will be earlier weekday service on these two routes:
- Route F13 Cheverly-Washington Business Park
- Route R1 Riggs Road
And there will be later service on Route C27 Central Avenue from Six Flags.
There will be some service changed, modified or replaced on these routes:
- On Routes 7A, E, F, Y Lincolnia-North Fairlington, service to Landmark Mall will be nixed and new service to Braddock Road and Hampton Drive will be added.
- On Routes 8S, W, X ,Z Foxchase-Seminary Valley, Route 8W will be altered and service on 8X will be eliminated and replaced with additional route 8W trips.
Additional trips will be added to this route:
- MetroExtra Route 16X Columbia Pike-Federal Triangle. (later weekday evening service to Culmore will be added)
And MetroExtra designated stops will be added at Columbia Pike and Oakland Street to serve Routes 16X and 16Y.