Alexandria’s DASH buses will get a little more expensive when a fare increase arrives on Sunday. In addition, service will change on several routes beginning on Sunday.
The cash fare will go up to $1.60 from the current $1.50. The monthly pass will also increase, going up to $40 from $35, though monthly riders can stave off that increase through a promotion DASH is running. Electronic DASH passes will remain $35 for July, August and September. If you buy a monthly paper pass, it goes up to $40 beginning with the July pass.
The service will remain free for riders ages 4 and younger (as long as they’re with an adult), and the King Street Trolley will also remain free.
There will also be several changes to some DASH routes:
- AT1: Timetables will adjust on all seven days; weekday peak period service will end at the Van Dorn Metro station and will no longer go to the Eisenhower Avenue Metro station; in addition, Saturday service between the Eisenhower Avenue Metro stop and the King Street station will be nixed.
- AT2: Saturday service will be reduced, shifting headways to 60 minutes from the current 45 minutes.
- AT5: Timetables will adjust on all seven days.
- AT8: Weekday peak period service will actually increase, with service running every 10 minutes; midday service will operate every 30 minutes.
- AT10: The service window will increase on weekdays to between 6:33 a.m. and 10:52 p.m., and on Saturdays between 7:00 a.m. and 10:50 p.m.