Check out a round-up of the first day of NFL free agency
• The Tennessee Titans announced they will release veteran QB Vince Young and immediately replaced him with Matt Hasselbeck, who today agreed to terms. Less than a day after the Seattle Times reported that Hasselbeck would not be re-signing with the Seahawks, the veteran quarterback found a new home. Hasselbeck started for the Seahawks since 2002, and led them to a surprising playoff win over the New Orleans Saints in 2010.
• The Jacksonville Jaguars looked to shore up their defense by signing former Bills linebacker Paul Posluszny to a six-year deal worth over $45 million. After losing two starting linebackers — Justin Durant and Kirk Morrison — the Jags needed to add to their defensive front seven.
• The Houston Texans re-signed wide receiver Jacoby Jones and running back Rashad Butler. They also reportedly agreed to terms with QB Matt Leinart.
• The Buffalo Bills were another team to make a move at quarterback, agreeing to a three-year contract with free agent Tyler Thigpen.
• The Miami Dolphins are reportedly in contract talks with Kyle Orton, the former Broncos QB who was placed on the trading block at the start of the free agency period.
• The New York Jets held on to free agent Santonio Holmes, despite interest from teams such as the Washington Redskins . Holmes and the Jets agreed to a five-year deal worth up to $10 million a year.
• The Denver Broncos acquired defensive end Jeremy Jarmon in a trade with the Washington Redskins for wide receiver Jabar Gaffney, who will join a growing list of Redskins receivers.
• The San Diego Chargers signed tight end Randy McMichael, linebacker Takeo Spikes and tackle Jeromey Clary. On the defensive side they also signed safety Bob Sanders to a one-year contract.
• The Baltimore Ravens agreed to terms with offensive lineman Marshal Yanda for a five-year deal using salary cap space cleared when they released Willis McGahee, Todd Heap and Kelly Gregg.
All that and more as our NFL free agency coverage continues on the Early Lead...