Mining Google search traffic can be very revealing, as Andrew Powell-Morse at BestTickets.com discovered.
He took a look at the athlete whose name was the most searched in all 50 states and discovered five key things:
1. It’s LeBron James’s country, you’re just living in it. Football players may be more searched than basketball, but there’s a reason LeBron is the king (besides the fact he nicknamed himself that).
2. The continental divide is shared by the aforementioned King James and Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning. James gets the area just west of it, Manning the part just east.
3. Manning still owns Indiana. Sorry, Andrew Luck.
4. Tiger Woods is huge in Vermont. Hang on to that, big guy.
5. Floyd Mayweather Jr. owns Nevada and it has nothing to do with the fact that, according to his Twitter feed, when he bets there, he wins BIG.