Donald Sterling says as Clippers sale proceeds: ‘It’s all good’


Donald and Shelly Sterling at a 2012 game. (Mark J. Terrill / AP)

Donald Sterling is doing just fine, thank you very much. He’s not so sure about the NBA, but, frankly, he’s got two billion reasons to, as he says, “move on” with this life as the sale of the Los Angeles Clippers to Steve Ballmer proceeds.

“I feel fabulous, I feel very good,” Sterling told NBC’s Southern California affiliate Tuesday night. “Everything is just the way it should be, really. It may have worked out differently, but it’s good. It’s all good. Well, I’m okay. I’m okay. Is the NBA okay? I’m not sure about that. Is [Commissioner] Adam Silver okay? I’m sure he’s okay.”

The league approved Ballmer’s bid, which was engineered by Sterling’s wife, Shelly. A Board of Governors meeting at which owners were to consider whether to strip him of the team because of racist comments was called off. As for Sterling’s future, it isn’t clear whether he will proceed with a $1 billion lawsuit he filed last week against the league. The sales agreement engineered by Shelly (with whom he owns the team in a family trust) provides that she would indemnify the league, seemingly negating any reason to sue.

After spending most of her career in traditional print sports journalism, Cindy began blogging and tweeting, first as NFL/Redskins editor, and, since August 2010, at The Early Lead. She also is the social media editor for Sports.
Comments
Show Comments
Most Read Sports
Stats, scores and schedules
Next Story
Matt Bonesteel · June 4

Every story. Every feature. Every insight.

Yours for as low as JUST 99¢!

Not Now