Rafael Nadal appears to be reassuring the rest of the world that he’ll be fine for the U.S. Open later this month despite being forced to miss tuneup tournaments in Toronto and Cincinnati with a right wrist injury.
The world No. 2 posted a video Wednesday on YouTube, showing him hitting forehands while wearing a splint on his right wrist. It should be noted that Nadal, who plays left handed, did not hit any of his customary two-handed backhands in the video.
The Spanish tennis federation said on Tuesday that Nadal’s recovery is on track after undergoing tests.
“Following a scan and clinical evaluation, his progress is on track, although he will still have tests from time to time,” the RFET said on its Web site.
Nadal, 28, injured his right wrist in practice late last month and can be seen wearing a split in the video and photos he posted earlier this week.
(H/T The Slice)