Redskins cut veteran WR Donte Stallworth

August 26, 2013

Donte Stallworth’s run in Washington is over. (John McDonnell/The Washington Post)

The Redskins also released veteran wide receiver Donte Stallworth, a person with knowledge of the situation said. Stallworth had been hampered by hamstring strains off and on during the preseason. He appeared in two preseason games. The Redskins valued his experience, but he was at a crowded position behind Pierre Garcon, Joshua Morgan, Santana Moss, Leonard Hankerson, and Aldrick Robinson.

When the Redskins re-signed Stallworth this past summer, the team said it wished it could have signed him last season, but he went to New England instead.

More on the Redskins and NFL: 

Who will make the Redskins roster?

Right tackle competition over before it began

Boswell: Shipshape and smooth sailing for Redskins

Five observations from Redskins-Bills

Offense remains productive in 30-7 preseason win over Bills

Jason Reid: Helu makes his case to Redskins’ backup RB

Photo gallery from Redskins vs. Bills

Mike Jones covers the Washington Redskins for The Washington Post. When not writing about a Redskins development of some kind – which is rare – he can be found screaming and cheering at one of his kids’ softball, baseball, soccer or basketball games.
Comments
Show Comments
Most Read Sports
Stats, scores and schedules
Next Story
Mike Jones · August 26, 2013

Every story. Every feature. Every insight.

Yours for as low as JUST 99¢!

Not Now