Procrastinating on dusting off your fall wardrobe? Here’s an excuse to postpone yet another day. Shop for brand new fall clothes at Thursday’s “Fashion’s Night Out,” a shopping extravaganza that transforms D.C. into an oasis of style from 6 to 11 p.m. The event — started in New York by Vogue editor Anna Wintour and fashion designer Diane Von Furstenburg — encourages fashionistas everywhere to get out on the town and support their local fashion purveyors (hey, it’s a tough job, but somebody’s got to do it).
Now in its fourth year, the event has gone global, and the local fashion community is fully on board. Festivities this year include dozens of stores, restaurants and salons offering deals, specialty cocktails, prizes and more. Whether you’re more into the shopping, the socializing, the dancing or the drinking, Fashion’s Night Out is where you want to be Thursday evening.
This year, there’s action on both sides of the river, in Georgetown, Alexandria, Tysons Galleria and even Undeniable Boutique in Fairfax Corner, which hosts a fashion show and live music from 6-9 p.m. In Georgetown, look out for:
• A pop-up disco at the PNC Bank lot.
• A BYT-sponsored party with ESL Music and Fatback DJs spinning on the Dean & DeLuca patio lounge.
• Free facials at Kiehl’s.
• A DC Scout styling and shopping party at CUSP.
• An Instagram style contest at BCBG.
• Blowouts and a lipstick bar with Nectar Skin Bar and IPSA Hair Salon.
A couple highlights of the Alexandria event:
• A fashion show at the Torpedo Factory Art Center.
• A fashion block party in Del Ray.
Visit the Fashion’s Night Out Web site for a full list of participants.