Indie rock veterans Death Cab for Cutie have a new album coming out in late May, “Codes and Keys,” their first since 2008’s “Narrow Stairs.” But instead of following the standard procedure of heading out on the road for months and months, lead singer and guitarist Ben Gibbard recently told SPIN, “I would love to find myself making a record a year from now rather than moving into our seventh straight month of touring.” Translation: the tour has a grand total of 13 shows. Fortunately, one of those is June 3 at the 9:30 Club, a much more intimiate setting — the band has previously played DAR Constitution Hall — than recent Washington stops. Tickets go on sale Saturdy at 10 a.m. through Ticketfly and cost $35.
Tickets go on sale Thursday at 10 a.m. through Ticketfly for the following shows at the 9:30 Club:
• Foals, Freelance Whales and the Naked and Famous May 6 ($20).
• Sleigh Bells, CSS, Mr. Dream and Wet Witch May 7 ($20).
• The Airborne Toxic Event May 8 ($20).
• The Twilight Singers and Margot and the Nuclear So and So's May 9 ($20).
• Echo and the Bunnymen and Kelley Stoltz May 11 ($35).
Tickets go on sale Friday at 10 a.m. through LiveNation for 311 and Sublime with Rome July 29 at Jiffy Lube Live ($38-$62).
Tickets go on sale Friday at 10 a.m. through Ticketmaster for Michael McDonald July 19 at Pier Six Pavilion ($30).
Tickets go on sale Friday at noon through Ticketmaster for the following shows at the Birchmere:
• Joe Ely Band and Fred Eaglesmith Band June 15 ($29.50).
• Jonny Lang July 18 and 19 ($49.50).