Dave Grohl’s local bonafides are well established. While most of the world will forever associate him with Seattle, the city he lived in as the drummer for Nirvana, the Springfield native has spoken fondly of many a night spent at the 9:30 Club. He told The Post’s Chris Richards that “Washington, D.C., and the music scene is the foundation of everything for me.” So when he rolls through town to play the Verizon Center on Nov. 11 with his massively succesful band Foo Fighters, the churning power chords and shout-out-loud choruses will be something of a tribute to his old hometown. Tickets go on sale Friday at 10 a.m. through Ticketmaster and cost $37.50-$57.50.
Tickets go on sale Thursday at 10 a.m. through Ticketfly for the following shows at the 9:30 Club:
• Theophilus London Oct. 3 ($20).
• Trans Am Oct. 7 ($20).
• Gwar, Every Time I Die and Warbeast Oct. 20 ($25).
• Dark Star Orchestra Dec. 2-3 ($27).
Tickets go on sale Friday at 10 a.m. through Ticketfly for:
• Lisa Hannigan Sept. 12 at the 9:30 Club ($25).
• “WPOC 93.1 Sunday in the Country” featuring Josh Turner, the Band Perry, Joe Nichols, Easton Corbin, Frankie Ballard, Hunter Hayes and more. Oct. 16 at Merriweather Post Pavilion ($40-$75).
• Panic! at the Disco Oct. 31 at the 9:30 Club ($25).
• The Kooks Nov. 20 at the 9:30 Club ($26).
• Method Man, Curren$y, Big K.R.I.T., Smoke DZA, Fiend, the Pricks and Corner Boy P Nov. 21 at the 9:30 Club ($35).
Tickets go on sale Friday at 10 a.m. through Ticketmaster for:
• UFC Live Oct. 1 at Verizon Center ($50-$250).
• Duran Duran, Neon Trees Oct. 16 at DAR Constitution Hall ($48-$148.50).
• Foo Fighters, Social Distortion and the Joy Formidable Nov. 11 at Verizon Center ($37.50-$57.50).
Tickets go on sale Friday at noon through Ticketmaster for the following shows at the Birchmere:
• Matthew Sweet Oct. 26 ($29.50).
• Over the Rhine Dec. 4 ($25).
• Jars of Clay, Drew Holcomb & the Neighbors Dec. 8 ($29.50).