A lot of the best concert bills have a headliner and opener that are natural complements. This week on Hot Tickets, we’ve got two shows coming up that offer the best pairings this side of a four-star Tom Sietsema review. First up, on Aug. 12 at Merriweather Post Pavilion, is My Morning Jacket and Neko Case. My Morning Jacket has always specialized in Southern-fried, jam-oriented indie rock with soaring vocals from lead singer Jim James. While that may not strike a direct parallel with Case, there’s no denying that the songstress’ solo work has always had a bit of a twang. There’s no doubt you’ll be getting two great vocalists for your concert-going dollar. Tickets go on sale Friday at 10 a.m. through Ticketfly and cost $35-$45.
B.B. King and Buddy Guy — now there’s a pairing so good that it constitutes a dream lineup. The blues legends will take to the DAR Constitution Hall stage Aug. 30. Tickets go on sale Friday at 10 a.m. through Ticketmaster and cost $57-$107.
Tickets are on sale now through Ticketfly for the following shows at the 9:30 Club:
• Marc Broussard, Scars on 45 and Sarah & Christian Dugas July 15 ($25).
• Wild Beasts July 16 ($20).
• Taking Back Sunday July 17 ($27.50).
• The Glitch Mob, Phantogram and Com Truise July 20 ($20).
Tickets go on sale Friday at noon through Ticketmaster for the following shows at the Birchmere:
• Poco and Firefall Aug. 5 ($35).
• Voice of the Wetlands All Stars Aug. 23 ($35).
• Renaissance Sept. 22 ($29.50).
• Belly Horror 2011 Oct. 21 ($29.50).
Tickets go on sale Monday at 10 a.m. through Ticketfly for Summer Spirit Festival featuring Nas and Damian Marley, the Roots, Chuck Brown, Bilal, Miguel and more Aug. 14 at Merriweather Post Pavilion ($44-$80).