The Downtown Holiday Market is one sure sign that, even though it feels like mid-September of late, the holidays are near. (Diverse Markets Management)
In a similar vein, the National Museum of Women in the Arts’s annual holiday market is open through 5 p.m. today. Check out our full list of unique destinations for holiday shopping.
So because it doesn’t quite feel like December, we figured it would be a good time to remind you of all the many holiday happenings in the month ahead that we’ve already talked about:
• Vote for the winner of the Weekend/Going Out Guide Holiday Wrapping Paper Contest.
• Highlights from last week’s Got Plans? chat:‘Nutcrackers’ and post-Christmas tree bars
• Skip the Christmas tree lot for a fresh-cut fir, spruce or pine
• With the holiday season in full swing, head to Leesburg
• December’s best concerts and best theatrical offerings
• Coming soon to a “Nutcracker” near you: Racing Presidents
• Tom Sietsema’s holiday splurges for every budget
• Best ice skating rinks
• ‘The Santaland Diaries’ and more holiday theater alternatives
• Mark your calendars for New Year’s Eve
• All holiday events
Alex Baldinger is editor of the Going Out Guide blog, which covers food, drink, arts, music, events and other curiosities in the D.C. area. He is forever in search of a great sandwich.