Mary J. Blige may be the headliner Aug. 26 at Verizon Center, but the big story will be the return of opening act D’Angelo. After the muscular R&B singer dropped the smash hit “Voodoo” in 2000 and became a sex symbol with his music video for “Untitled,” he distanced himself from the music scene and the media. But after an in-depth interview with GQ, a performance at the BET Awards and word of a follow-up album in the works, the crooner is in full-on comeback mode. Tickets for the show go on sale Saturday at 10 a.m. through Ticketmaster and cost $39.75-$125.75.
Tickets go on sale Thursday at 10 a.m. through Ticketfly for the following shows at the 9:30 Club:
• Owl City Sept. 10 ($25).
• Amanda Palmer and the Grand Theft Orchestra Sept. 12 ($25).
• Stars Sept. 23 ($24).
• Sharon Van Etten and Damien Jurado Oct. 25 ($20).
• Motion City Soundtrack, Jukebox the Ghost and Now, Now Nov. 8 ($22).
Tickets go on sale Friday at 10 a.m. through Live Nation for:
• August Burns Red and the Color Morale Aug. 31 at the Fillmore Silver Spring ($20).
• DC101 Kerfuffle, featuring the Offspring, Sublime With Rome and Garbage Sept. 15 at Jiffy Lube Live ($26-$56).
• Down, War Beast and Haarp Sept. 30 at the Fillmore Silver Spring ($28.50).
• Zac Brown Band Oct. 12 at Jiffy Lube Live ($29.50-$62).
Tickets go on sale Friday at 10 a.m. through Ticketmaster for:
• Beth Orton and Sam Amidon Sept. 27 at Sixth & I Historic Synagogue ($35).
• Eric Church, Justin Moore and Kip Moore Oct. 26 at the Patriot Center ($37.50-$47.50).
• Xavier Rudd Oct. 30 at Sixth & I Historic Synagogue ($35).
Tickets go on sale Friday at noon through Ticketmaster for the following shows at the Birchmere:
• Lucinda Williams Aug. 13 ($49.50).
• Todd Snider Sept. 19 ($25).
• The Seldom Scene and Dry Branch Fire Squad Nov. 23-24 ($35).
• A Peter White Christmas Dec. 6 ($49.50).
• Carbon Leaf Dec. 20 ($27.50).