Reports came out recently that Morrissey, the ever-dour former frontman of legendary English band the Smiths, would retire in 2014, when the singer reached the ripe old age of 55. Of course Morrissey, being Morrissey, shot back that this was merely “wishful thinking” by the media. It seems Moz is as mordant as ever, meaning he should be in top form when he comes to Strathmore on Dec. 7. Tickets go on sale Friday at 10 a.m. through Ticketmaster and cost $55-$75.
Tickets are on sale now through Ticketfly for the following shows at the 9:30 Club:
• Justin Jones and American Aquarium July 21 ($10).
• Ryan BinghamOct. 13 ($25).
• Dr. Dog and Cotton Jones Nov. 2 ($27).
Tickets go on sale Friday at 10 a.m. through Ticketmaster for:
• How Sweet the Sound Sept. 12 at Verizon Center ($11-$20.99).
• Los Lonely Boys Oct. 13 at the Howard Theatre ($30).
• Peter Gabriel Oct. 14 at the Patriot Center ($43.50-$154).
• Morrissey Dec. 7 at Music Center at Strathmore ($55-$75).
Tickets go on sale Friday at noon through Ticketmaster for:
• Bill Kirchen & Too Much Fun and Dale Watson Sept. 14 at the Birchmere ($29.50).
• Morbid Angel, Dark Funeral and Grave Sept. 24 at the Howard Theatre ($25).
• Jonny Lang Oct. 17-18 at the Howard Theatre ($49.50).
• Sam Bush & Del McCoury Nov. 18 at the Birchmere ($39.50).
• Chris Smither and Andy Friedman Dec. 1 at the Birchmere ($25).