Before you dash out of the office for Dewey, Rehoboth, Bethany or Ocean City, take a look at our beach guide for tips on all of the great things you can do when you’re not working on your tan. Before you get there, stop off at Hot Spot Cool Eats in Cambridge, which features 11 kinds of hot dogs.
Also in Weekend:
• Our picks for the best events this weekend, including the start of Jazz in the Garden, the Hometown Holidays festival in Rockville and the opening of the Simpsons-themed “Mr. Burns, A Post-Electric Play”at Woolly Mammoth.
• Of course, this weekend is also a time to think about those who have served our country in the military. We rounded up many of the weekend’s events tied to Memorial Day.
• After spending time as a member of the Terence Blanchard Quintet, pianist Fabian Almazan has his first album as a band leader. On “Personalities,” Almazan takes the time to tweak Cuban classics. Also read record reviews of local singer Erik Deutsh, folk group Great Lake Swimmers, singer-songwriter Jess Klein, freak-folk singer Rocky Votolato and folk-pop singer Simone Felice.
• For its 25th anniversary, DanceAfrica, DC will perform a dance festival honoring three men who dedicated their lives to teaching and promoting African dance and music.
• Mitchell Herbert is known for his many great performances on the stage, but for “The Illusion,” he’s heading behind the scenes to direct.
• Washington-based, Chinese-born sculptor Foon Sham is known for his baseketlike abstract wood sculptures. In his latest exhibit, he’s focusing on creating works out of the byproduct of his sculpting: sawdust.
• Get the latest movie reviews, including the latest chapter of the “Men in Black” series and “Steve Jobs: The Lost Interview.”