Soundtrack: Cody Chesnutt, performing tonight at the Hamilton.
• Not many details, but it looks as though Gordon Biersch near Nationals Park hopes to be open in early April. Opening Day for the Nats, by the way, is April 1. [PoPville]
• A thoughtful deconstruction of why so-called 'female-friendly' restaurants are so insulting to their supposed clientele. [Young & Hungry]
• Tim Carman pens what must be the definitive history of fried whiting in the District. [WaPo Food]
• The Red Palace is gone, but the local burlesque scene is booming. [DCist]
• Beer and wine pairings for your Valentine's Day feast. [Washingtonian]
• A long-overdue appreciation of the Ollie Burger. [Penn Quarter Living]