Come April 15, it's likely that you've already spent whatever refund the government may have owed you, so today is primarily a day to feel the pinch of writing a check to the I.R.S. But whether you're feeling flush or bust, who wouldn't want a cheap drink or free cup of nacho cheese? Here are some Tax Day food and drink specials worth cashing in on today:
• A free bar snack at the Palm -- choose from sliders, mini crabcakes, flatbreads and more -- with any drink purchase.
• 50 percent off all alcoholic beverages at BLT Steak from 11:30 to 2:30 and 5:30 to 10:30.
• Free whisky from the new English Whisky Company at Jack Rose from 5 to 7 p.m.
• $1 draft beers at DuClaw Brewing Company from 11 a.m. until close.
• Free cheese and queso at California Tortilla when you say the secret code "1040."
• $5 for a PBR and a shot at Hill Country D.C.
• All night happy hour at Al Dente, with half-price pizzas, $4 beers and $5 house wine and cocktails.