If you're shopping for a family car, chances are high that at least one of the vehicles on our list below is on yours, too. These are the best-selling family cars for January-November 2012, and we've installed child-safety seats in all of them.
Will one of these cars work for your family? Our Car Seat Checks are designed to tell shoppers how easy or difficult it is to install safety seats into a car and what works well and what frustrates us about each car's Latch system.
The 2012 Toyota Camry tops our list with 373,479 sold this year, though that number isn't a big surprise since the Camry has been near the top of our best-sellers' chart every month. The Camry's stablemate, the 2012 RAV4, just squeaked onto our list with 157,526 sold in 11 months. Will the redesigned-for-2013 RAV4 attract families with its new look? Only time and monthly sales figures will tell.
The cars on this list are on the smaller side. If you have three or more kids, check out our list of cars that can hold three child-safety seats across the backseat.
Top 10 Best-Selling Family Cars Through November 2012
10. Toyota RAV4 : 157,526 sold
9. Chevrolet Malibu : 199,321 sold
8. Chevrolet Equinox : 199,070 sold
7. Hyundai Sonata : 209,779 sold
6. Ford Fusion : 221,980 sold
5. Ford Escape : 240,877 sold
4. Honda CR-V : 255,919 sold
3. Nissan Altima : 278,968 sold
2. Honda Accord : 302, 444 sold
1. Toyota Camry : 373,479 sold