September 19, 2013E-mail the writer
9:00 a.m. | Opening Remarks
9:05 a.m. | Overview
Childhood Obesity: Are We Turning a Corner on the Crisis?
9:20 a.m. | Panel One
What can lawmakers do?
9:50 a.m. | Panel Two
Private and Public Strategies to Raise Healthier Children
- Sam Kass, White House Let’s Move! Executive Director and Senior Policy Advisor for Nutrition Policy, White House
- Dr. Regina Benjamin, 18th Surgeon General of the United States
- James Bailey III, Director of Food and Agriculture, Wal-Mart
9:30 a.m. | Panel Three
What is working across America?
- Jackie Sergent, Mayor, Oxford, N.C.
- Lisa Harrison, Health Director, Granville Vance District Health Department
- Amelie Ramirez, Director, Salud America!
11:10 a.m.| Panel Four
What is changing in Philadelphia?
- Michael Nutter, Mayor, Philadelphia
- Donald Schwarz, Health Commissioner, Philadelphia
- Yael Lehmann, Executive Director, The Food Trust
- Kaseir Archie, Alliance for a Healthier Generation, Youth Advisory Board
Noon | Break
12:50 p.m. | Overcoming Childhood Obesity: A Personal Story
1:00 p.m. | Getting the Word Out