Former Ohio governor Ted Strickland, who was on the short list for Democratic National Committee chairman last year, gave a rousing speech filled with one-liners attacking Mitt Romney as someone who got rich on the backs of ordinary Americans.
Here's a sample:
* "If Mitt was Santa Claus, he'd fire the reindeer and outsource the elves."
* "Mitt Romney never saw the point of building something when he could profit from tearing it down."
* "Barack Obama is betting on the American worker. Mitt Romney is betting on a Bermuda shell corporation."
* "Barack Obama saved the American auto industry. Mitt Romney saved on his taxes."
* "Barack Obama is an economic patriot. Mitt Romney is an outsourcing pioneer."