During a Q&A session held at the Ford Foundation in New York City, ABC News' Robin Roberts asked former secretary of state Hillary Clinton about the Benghazi attacks: “Were you satisfied with the answers and are you content with what you know what happened?”
"Absolutely," she said."
"I mean, of course there are a lot of reasons why, despite all of the hearings, all of the information that’s been provided, some choose not to be satisfied and choose to continue to move forward. That’s their choice and I do not believe there is any reason for it to continue in this way, but they get to call the shots in Congress.”
Roberts neatly segued back to the topic they were supposed to be discussing. “And you get to call the shots right now in talking about philanthropy." The event was held during Philanthropy New York’s annual meeting,
Here's video of her response, from ABC News.
ABC US News | ABC Business News
Earlier this week, the Pew Research Center released a survey on public opinions of Clinton. Fifty-one percent of respondents said they think Clinton should run for president in 2016. Fifteen percent see the Benghazi attacks as the biggest blemish on her career.
While speaking at the National Automobile Dealers Association conference in New Orleans this January, Clinton said, "My biggest, you know, regret is what happened in Benghazi. It was a terrible tragedy losing four Americans -- two diplomats and, now it's public so I can say, two CIA operatives."
House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) intends to form a select committee to investigate the Obama administration's response to the Benghazi attacks. Trey Gowdy, the South Carolina representative picked to lead the committee, signaled Wednesday that he plans to call Clinton as a witness, as Time Magazine reported. "You think she has knowledge, I want to talk to everyone who has knowledge.”
In the ABC interview, Clinton also discussed the kidnappings of nearly 300 teenage girls in Nigeria, which she called “an act of terrorism.” Clinton said the Nigerian government needs "to make it a priority" and that it had been “somewhat derelict in its responsibility.” She also said that other nations need to get involved in the search. President Obama announced on Tuesday that the United States is sending a team to aid in the rescue efforts.
She tweeted her support for the kidnapped girls on Sunday.
Access to education is a basic right & an unconscionable reason to target innocent girls. We must stand up to terrorism. #BringBackOurGirls— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) May 4, 2014