The Apocalypse is upon us. To be more specific: Six Flags America in Maryland is opening its new roller coaster, The Apocalypse, this week.
We asked Sam Marks, the founder of the Coaster Zombies Club, for his favorite coasters. If you’re a thrill seeker, Mark says these are the rides to try.
[Study: Why do people like roller coasters?]
Top Coasters: Wood Division
1. Thunderhead — Dollywood Pigeon Forge, Tenn.
2. El Toro — Six Flags Great Adventure Jackson, N.J.
3. The Voyage — Holiday World Santa Claus, Ind.
4. Phoenix — Knoebels Elysburg, Pa.
5. Montana Rusa — La Feria, Mexico City
6. Boulderdash — Lake Compounce Bristol, Conn.
Below, we step up to the six best steel roller coasters.
Top Coasters: Steel Division
1. Intimidator 305 — Kings Dominion Doswell, Va.
2. Montana Infinitum — La Feria, Mexico City
3. Bizzarro — Six Flags New England Agawam, Mass.
4. Dominator — Kings Dominion Doswell, Va.
5. Superman — Six Flags America Largo, Md.
6. Nitro — Six Flags Great Adventure Jackson, N.J.
Now that this list has whet your appetite, we want to know: Do you plan to ride the Apocalypse?