A fire ripped through a complex of townhouses in Upper Marlboro late Thursday night, displacing 11 people, including one infant.
Prince George’s County firefighters were called to the 3000 block of Chester Grove Road at approximately 11:15 p.m., officials said. Upon arriving, they saw that the fire had spread from the first floor of the complex to the second.
When flames caused the front wall of second-floor room to collapse, firefighters evacuated and regrouped, officials said.
None of the residents were injured. Four units were badly damaged before the fire was extinguished. The effort involved a total of 50 firefighters and took approximately 45 minutes.
Officials said they have not yet confirmed the cause of the fire, but an investigation is underway.