Who loved who and who hated who in 2011
FEUDS OF 2011
• Gilbert Arenas vs. Laura Govan: The most bruising breakup — lawsuits, counterclaims, reality TV — ended with the most unlikely reconciliation.
• Barack Obama vs. Donald Trump: The birther icon glowered through POTUS’s jokes at his expense at the WHCA dinner.
• Doug Brinkley vs. Rep. Don Young: Their testy exchange made this congressional hearing worth watching.
• Oscar de la Renta vs. Michelle Obama: He dissed her choice of a British gown for the China state dinner.
• Matt Damon vs. Reason TV: The actor got into it with libertarian journalist Michelle Fields about education policy in a clip that went viral.
• Carrie Fisher vs. Ted Kennedy: In a new book, the actress got revenge for an awkward 1985 dinner.
• Kenny Feld vs. Karen Feld: No brotherly love for this circus family; their latest fracas ended up in court.
WEDDINGS OF 2011
Beyond just Wills and Kate
• Michelle Rhee and Kevin Johnson , September.
• NBC4 vets Lindsay Czarniak and Craig Melvin, October.
• Cate Edwards and Trevor Upham , October.
• William Kennedy Smith and Anne Henry , May.
• Patrick Kennedy and Amy Petitgout
Read also: Reliable Source Person of the Year 2011
Reliable Source Best of 2011, miscellaneous division
Read earlier: Who will be Reliable Source Person of the Year 2011?