Also in The Washington Post:
– It’s pronounced “Baldwin.”
– She’s married to Michael Gershenson, an exec with private-equity giant Carlyle Group, who looks cute.
– Just eight years out of GWU, she rose really fast through the ranks, but her former WRC mentor Pat Collins insists she’s just that good. Young-Katie-Couric good, in fact: “There are things you can’t teach or can’t buy. . . In a few years you’ll be watching her in the evening.”
– She’s the CNN reporter who initially got the results of the Supreme Court health care ruling wrong; and she graciously does not blame the off-air staff who fed her the bad info.
– Her mother was criminally charged in two catastrophic accidents, one of them just last year. Bolduan declines to discuss: “I wouldn’t ask personal family questions, and I wouldn’t expect you to talk about it.”
Read more about CNN’s overhaul attempts and why they picked Bolduan as their new face:The dawn of Kate Bolduan, co-host of CNN’s ‘New Day’
Looking for today’s Reliable Source? Start here: National Geographic 125th gala: James Cameron goes vegan, Felix Baumgartner dazzles the ladies