Michelle Obama — who was very busy chatting up Joel McHale — chose a grey tulle Marchesa gown for the annual White House Correspondents’ dinner Saturday night. The dropped-shoulder dress has a fitted bodice with floral embroidered embellishments.
The first lady has run the gamut of designers for the event — she wore Michael Kors in 2009, and has since worn Prabal Gurung, Halston, Naeem Khan and Monique Lhuillier in 2013. But it’s a great moment of branding for Marchesa co-founders Keren Craig and Georgina Chapman (whose husband, Harvey Weinstein, is somewhere within the Hilton ballroom).
More White House Correspondents’ Dinner coverage:
- VIDEO: President Obama’s full White House Correspondents’ Dinner speech
- READ: President Obama, Joel McHale deliver biting humor
- Selfies from the Correspondents’ Dinner
- The most eyeroll-inducing humblebrags from the 2014 White House Correspondents’ Dinner
- Twitter Mirror Photos from the White House Correspondents’ Dinner