The president’s spinners said in a conference call this morning that President Obama would visit Israel . . . in a second term. This should strike any parent as a familiar procrastination game. (“In a minute, mom!”) On the other hand, there are a lot of things Obama could do, in the second term of course:
1. Change the tone in Washington, D.C.
3. Direct the most transparent administration in history.
4. Bring about Middle East peace.
5. Oust Bashar al-Assad.
6. Stand for freedom for “the blogger in Iran.”
7. Approve the Keystone XL pipeline.
8. Reduce the poverty rate.
9. Reduce the debt.
10. Get America an Olympic Games.
You see, he’d be scoffed at if he did that. Folks would wonder what he’s been doing in his first term. So why does he pull out that lame excuse when it comes to Israel, something nearly entirely within his control?