President Obama is in trouble, and many on the left are trying to help. Oh, how I wish he would take the advice of the liberal pundits. Please, Mr President, could you do an ad or two on these points?
1. My favorite: “Opposition to government isn’t the solution. Opposition to government was and remains the problem.” Really, who gives a fig about the debt, anyway? It’s not like we will ever run out of buyers for our debt.
2. As Paul Krugman says: “The stimulus was way too small.”
3. But in any event: “Case closed: the stimulus worked.”
4. On the foreign policy front, Obama could feature our ambassador to the United Nations’ words in the U.N. Security Council:“For more than four decades Israel’s settlement activities have undermined Israel’s security and eroded hopes of peace and security in the region.”
5. Hey, Vladimir Putin agrees! “President Obama and President-Elect Putin agreed that the successful reset in relations should be built upon during the coming years.”
6. There is the iconic: “Leading from behind.”
7.. Sometimes a picture says it all.
What? I don’t see the problem with touting what Obama, his team and prominent liberals actually believe. But why do they?