1. From Texas Gov. Rick Perry: “Not just the 16th and 17th Amendments — I want to get rid of a whole bunch of ‘em.”
2. From Mitt Romney: “RomneyCare — what did you expect? It’s Massachusetts, for goodness sakes!”
3. From Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.): “I’d love to have Sarah Palin as my VP!”
4. From Rick Santorum: “Loved, just loved that mandatory HPV vaccination program they had in Texas.”
5. From Rep. Ron Paul (R-Tex.): “If we don’t have Medicaid and Medicare, what would the poor and the elderly do?”
6. From Newt Gingrich: “If you want to know what kind of leader I am, look at my tenure as speaker of the House.”
7. From Jon Huntsman: “If I had only known how conservative the GOP is I never would have let John Weaver talk me into this.”
8. From Hermann Cain: “I really have no clue about most of this stuff. I run a pizza chain. A pizza chain, guys.”
9. From the moderators: “Let’s spend the first hour on national security.”
10. From any candidate: A good word about Obama, the debt-ceiling deal, the stimulus plan, Dodd-Frank or the U.S. Senate.
Right Turn will be back after the debate with coverage and analysis.