Who said it?
1. “So, it is almost a false wrong to say we have a spending problem.”
2. “It’s slightly hilarious that people have all this patience for a legal architecture to be crafted after the fact. If this had been President George W. Bush’s administration revealing that this many drone attacks are going on, there would be impeachment hearings underway. So the hypocrisy sort of has Republicans steaming.”
3. “I don’t think we should allow [John] Brennan to go forward for the CIA directorship, [former Sen. Chuck] Hagel … to be confirmed secretary of Defense until the White House gives us an accounting. Did the White House ever pick up the phone and call anyone in the Libyan government to help these folks?”
4. “We don’t need federal judges involved in sensitive and urgent national security matters, and it would be an unconstitutional infringement on the president’s rights to keep America safe. So, if you take up arms against America and you fight in a terrorist training camp or on the front lines in Pakistan or Afghanistan or Yemen, you shouldn’t be surprised if America reaches out and exacts justice against you.”
5. “That memo coming out, I think, was a wake-up call. These last few days, it was like being back in the Bush days. It’s causing a lot of cognitive dissonance for a lot of people. It’s not the President Obama they thought they knew.”