Who said it?
1. “In 2010, Max Baucus … wrote a letter to the director of the IRS saying, ‘go investigate these kinds of groups.’ We had Chuck Schumer, who has been stirring this around for a number of years, by 2012 he goes out and gives a similar tough letter to the head of the IRS saying, ‘Look at these groups,’ and gets six others to sign the letter.”
2. Does Eric Holder survive? “It’s tough to see how he does in this case.”
3. “As late as last week the administration’s still trying to say there’s a few rogue agents in Cincinnati, when in fact the indication is they were directly being ordered from Washington.”
4. “What is most disturbing here is for people to once again become apologists for this administration. This is a very serious matter. It should unite conservative and liberal citizens. Eric Holder should go. I mean, I don’t know what’s worse — the fact that he says he knew nothing about this or if he did know something. Either way, he’s damaged goods. He doesn’t serve this administration as well as he could. But for citizens, he is the chief legal officer. He took a pledge to protect the Constitution. He didn’t do it here.”
5. “While the White House publicly backed Mr. Holder as he tried to smooth over the latest uproar amid new speculation about his future, some in the West Wing privately tell associates they wish he would step down, viewing him as politically maladroit.”