If it seems like Janelle Monae is pretty much everywhere, it’s because she actually is. Continuing her slew of high-profile public appearances, the R&B siren will perform at the White House on Thursday for a “Women of Soul” event with Aretha Franklin, Patti LaBelle, Jill Scott and others, broadcast on PBS next month.
Monae, 28, has been in Washington quite a few times over the last few months, and has shown up on numerous TV appearances — despite her spate of performances seen by millions, she still hasn’t quite broken through to the A-list, although getting people to see her live is definitely the way to make that happen. Among some of her more visible recent performances:
* October 26, 2013: Performed on “Saturday Night Live” for the first time
* December 6, 2013: National Christmas Tree Lighting in front of President Obama, etc.
* December 15, 2013: Sang “This Christmas” for the First Family and a big crowd at the “Christmas in Washington” concert
* January 28, 2014: Participated in VH1′s “Super Bowl Blitz” concert in New York City
* February 8, 2014: Did a Jackson 5 medley at the BET Honors at the Warner Theatre
* March 6, 2014: “Women of Soul” White House concert, broadcast on April 7 on PBS.