Leaplings, take note: If you celebrate your birthday on Feb. 29, be aware that a few local businesses are offering up Leap Day perks.
For local Leaplings Only:
• Start the hunt for local Leap Year deals by following WTOP’s resident freebie reporter Michelle Basch on Twitter. Besides letting us know that eatery Z-Burger will be handing out freebies to Leaplings, she’s been curating general Leap Day deals for everyone.
• Sprinkles Cupcakes in Georgetown will be handing out one free dozen to Leaplings Wednesday.
• Einstein Bros. Bagels are offering a buy-one-get-one deal through the company’s Facebook page.
• Subway is offering a free cookie to Leap Day diners.
• Leap Year travel and hotel deals galore are available online.
• Ace Hardware is offering 29 percent off items under $30.
• Dip into some free Leap Day queso at Chili’s.
• Caribou Coffee is offering a buy-one-get-one beverage deal ... which means I have to step out for a minute.
Spot any more local deals? Leave them in the comments below or tweet #DCLeaplings and I'll update the list.