Here’s our roundup of the five stories you should read ahead of your evening commute:
• Dupont Circle High Heel Race how-to: The 25th annual event is tonight, which means thousands will flood the streets for the 9 p.m. race.
• Dog walker not guilty in unscooped poop trial. The verdict is in: A Fairfax County woman has been found not guilty of violating the pooper scooper law.
• Light show. Local sky watchers may have witnessed a spectacular sight Monday night, when a phenomenon normally reserved for the world’s northernmost corners was visible in the Washington area. Here’s a collection of photos from across the country.
• D.C. homeless embrace “Occupy” protesters. Some resent the newcomers’ claim on the park, but many say they are doing what city leaders haven’t.
• Bear sighting or DWI? A stretch of Canal Road in Northwest Washington was closed Tuesday morning as police fished a car out of the canal. The driver blamed it on a bear sighting, but authorities think otherwise.
Of course we’re on Facebook: