Here’s our roundup of the five stories you should read ahead of your evening commute:
• GOP wins Senate. The day after Virginia Republicans appeared to have picked up two state Senate seats, the party has declared it has control over the chamber.
• Occupy Wall Street heading to D.C. About 25 protesters are walking from Zuccotti Park in Manhattan to McPherson Square as part of the newly formed ”Occupy the Highway “ movement. They’ll be here Nov. 22.
• Don’t mess with Texas-sized storms. A storm twice the size of Texas continues to pound the west coast of Alaska today.
• Penn State students rally around Paterno. From Jenna Johnson: “But the collective opinion of the hundreds of students who rallied on campus Tuesday night boiled down to this: They want President Graham Spanier out of office. And they have unconditional support for football coach Joe Paterno.”
• In Maryland, a turkey shortage. Want a local turkey for Thanksgiving? Act now. Some farmers say they are running low.
Of course we’re on Facebook:
Click the “like” button below to like PostLocal on Facebook.
By 04:22 PM ET, 11/09/2011
Tags: occupy d.c.