Here are our picks for the five stories to read this morning:
• Maryland’s Intercounty Connecter opens in full today. But the highway is a significant strain on the state’s budget; it could be the last publicly funded highway built in the Maryland suburbs for a generation. A user’s guide from Dr. Gridlock is here.
• Occupy Wall Street protesters are set to finish their march from New York’s Zuccotti Park to McPherson Square. Liz Flock walked with them for most of the way; her photo essay is here.
• Meet the couple who bought Halcyon House. After nearly a week of guesswork, the Georgetowner reported that biotech tycoons Ryuji Ueno and Sachiko Kuno purchased the home for $12.5 million after buying the fabled Evermay estate for $22 million.
• Are you leaving Thanksgiving preparation for the last minute? Not to worry: Here’s our procrastinator’s guide to the holiday.
• Thieves “swarm” Montgomery County convenience store. About 50 people swarmed into a 7-11 in Montgomery County over the weekend and made off with snacks and drinks, county police said. Here’s video:
Follow along on Faceboo k:
Click the “like” button below to like PostLocal on Facebook.