• The first of five stories you should read today: The iPhone 4s is [almost] now upon us. Washington Post reporter Michael S. Rosenwald is on the scene at the Apple store in Bethesda and will be blogging the blessed experience.
• The state dinner for South Korean President Lee Myung-bak was beautiful — once people dried off. Monica Hesse’s idea for the next White House renovation: a mudroom.
• Brace yourselves for one more day of rainy, stormy weather. Then count on a drop in temps over the weekend, according to Capital Weather Gang.
• Estranged husband held in Germantown slaying. There is still no sign of Jane McQuain’s missing son, William. The husband, Curtis Maurice Lopez, 45, was convicted in 1987 in a stabbing and served more than a decade in Pennsylvania prisons.
• Playing doctor (and patient). Demand is high for actors in the Washington area willing get poked, prodded and paid to help train health-care professionals.
For updates throughout the day, stick with PostLocal.