Here are our picks for five stories to read this morning:
• Local thieves eyeing designer vision stores. A small band of shoplifters have stolen thousands of dollars in eyewear in Virginia and Maryland since May. Police said the most recent victim is For Eyes in Alexandria.
• Tomorrow is Washington’s 222nd Thanksgiving. President George Washington officially created the holiday in 1789. Take a look at Thanksgivings past in this photo gallery.
• A baby doll who utters swear words is raising concerns for Toys R Us. Parents complained to a retail industry Web site, which is asking Toys R Us to pull the doll from the shelves.
• Apple will offer Black Friday deals. The company hasn’t provided details yet, but the one-day sale will be on Nov. 25. The announcement comes amid rumors of a new, thicker iPad and iPhones with larger screens.
• Republican presidential candidates clash on national security issues at Constitution Hall. Frontrunner Newt Gingrich took the opportunity to showcase his experience at Tuesday night’s debate in Northwest Washington, while Mitt Romney and Jon Huntsman sparred over Afghanistan. The Fix live-blogged the event last night.
Click the “like” button below to like PostLocal on Facebook.