Today’s P.M. Buzz, the five stories you should read ahead of your evening commute:
• Happy Halloween! Now watch out for little ghouls and goblins tonight. Here’s a map of Halloween street closures and parking restrictions. Stick to public transportation if you’re heading out to trick-or-treat in those areas.
• Brittany Norwood trial update: From Dan Morse: “An expert in blood spatter took the stand Monday in the second week of Brittany Norwood’s trial in the killing of her co-worker at a Bethesda yoga store.William Vosburgh told Montgomery County Circuit Court jurors that blood found on the walls around the body of Jayna Murray was “typical of a severe beating situation.”
• This story needs no introduction. “I never eat October snowflakes. I always wait until January.”
• Subtle. The Loudoun County Republican Committee invites one and all to bring “clear thinking conservative principles and a truckload of Republican candy” to tonight’s Halloween parade in Leesburg. The problem is that they used an image of a “zombie Obama” with a bullet wound in his forehead to advertise the event. Read more here.
• Join the foodie conversation. Where did you eat this weekend? Readers rate Meridian Pint, Vidalia and others in this week’s Restaurant Recap.
Of course we’re on Facebook:
Click the “like” button below to like PostLocal on Facebook.