Here are our recommendations for five stories to read ahead of your evening commute:
• Simplify? Metro’s board will hear a presentation Thursday on whether to change its complex fare structure as it prepares to implement a new electronic payment system in the coming years.
• A former FBI agent and his wife have been charged in what authorities say is a $1.3 million investment fraud scheme.
• A man struck by a train at Clarendon Station on Tuesday afternoon was expected to have surgery Wednesday at a hospital. The man “suffered head injuries and multiple broken bones,” Metro spokesman Dan Stessel said. The commuting disaster that the incident caused resulted in furious commuters Tuesday.
• How well do you know your neighbors? Another spying suspect has been arrested in Northern Virginia. A Leesburg man was indicted on charges of gathering intelligence for Syria, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.
• How can parents spot a “good” school? This post has answers.