Here’s our roundup of stories to read before your evening commute:
• Occupy DC bundles up. After a protest on Key Bridge on the coldest night of fall on Thursday, Occupy DC protesters are accepting donations and expanding services to accommodate protesters for the coming cold weather.
• Albrecht Gero Muth will represent himself in murder trial. The man charged in the fatal beating of his socialite wife in Georgetown fired his attorneys on Friday and decided to represent himself on the murder charges.
• Bank robber misses jail, heads back. Maurice Emile told a Virginia jury that he couldn’t get used to living on the outside.
• Weather disasters to increase, report warns. A report from 220 of the world’s leading climate scientists cautions climate change may bring “unprecedented extreme weather and climate events” in the coming decades.
• SANE nurse provides medical care and collects evidence in rape cases. When rape victims come the hospital, nurses like Barbra Chikowore are there to help guide them through the troubling time.
Follow along on Facebook:
Click the “like” button below to like PostLocal on Facebook.