Whether you’re celebrating Rosh Hashanah or just here for the food, check out our offerings:
• Stress-free holiday meal: Mon Ami Gabi restaurant in Bethesda holds a special Rosh Hashanah dinner Wednesday and Thursday evenings.
• Rosh Hashanah ettiquette?Yes, please. “Feel free to greet your Jewish friends and neighbors with “Happy New Year,” or to use the Hebrew expression ‘Shana Tova,’ which is a wish for a ‘good new year,’” writes Bookstein.
• Loving Judaism, questioning Israel. Columnist Lisa Miller: ”I don’t like that on the eve of these holidays...Israel announced the approval of 1,100 new housing units in East Jerusalem.”
• Allergy-free apple cakes. It’s Not Your Bubbe’s.
• How to bless a Rosh Hashanah dinner , from beginning to end.
• The Rosh Hashanah Rock Anthem is a quick way to learn some of the history of the Jewish High Holidays.