The construction scene at the Dulles Airport Metro extension project (also known as the Silver Line) near the intersection of Rte. 7 and Spring Hill Rd in the Tysons Corner area of McLean on Nov. 23, 2011. (Tracy A. Woodward/THE WASHINGTON POST)
This month, we’ve also started something new.
#DMVReads, is a feature designed to help readers share the best local stories with one another. Share your favorite local story of the day with the hashtag #DMVReads, and we’ll feature the best in a lunchtime blog post.
Try it with this Twitter button:
Now, to the top local blog posts from the past week:
- Restonian is appalled an airport authority board member suggested skipping construction of a Dulles Airport stop on Metro’s new Silver Line.
- Annandale VA has the story of some Virginia elementary school students who are learning the wonders of gardening.
- On Frozen Blog praises the Capitals Karl Alzner for his willingness to answer tough media questions following a loss to the New York Islanders.
- Sean’s Ramblings celebrates seven years online and wonders what’s happened to many of the personal blogs in the region.
- Capital Cooking has a comprehensive list of upcoming food, wine and beer events in the region over the next few weeks..