July 4th political reads
On Tuesday, we asked for your recommendations for some long(er) form political journalism that we might have missed — but we shouldn’t have. (Thanks for all the tweets at #campaignreads!)
Your suggestions are below. (To be clear: We are not endorsing any of the views espoused in these pieces, rather we are on-passing them for you to make up your own mind.) Thanks — and have great Fourth of July!
* “Where the Money Lives” — Nicolas Shaxon in Vanity Fair
* “Unpopular Mandate: Why do politicians reverse their positions?” — Ezra Klein in the New Yorker
* “The Second Term: What would Obama do if reelected” — Ryan Lizza in the New Yorker
* “Is conservatism our default ideology?” — Tom Jacobs in Pacific Standard
* “The truth about the ‘Fast and Furious’ scandal” — Katherine Eban in Fortune