EARLIER ON THE FIX:
WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED:
* Brennan Moves Forward:Â John Brennan wonÂ approvalÂ fromÂ the Senate Intelligence Committee, which votedÂ 12-3 to move ahead with his nomination to be the next CIA director. Brennan must now win clearance from the full Senate, which is expected to approve him.
* New Ads From Giffords Group:Â Former congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords appears in new ads pressing RepublicanÂ senatorsÂ from Arizona and Iowa on the issue of gun control.
* Don't Quit Your Day Job: Secretary of State John Kerry didn't appear to think too highly of Dennis Rodman's recent trip to North Korea. "Dennis Rodman was a great basketball player," Kerry said in an interview. "And as a diplomat, he is a great basketball player. And thatâs where weâll leave it."
* No More Tours: The White House hasÂ canceledÂ tours until further notice because the the federal spending cuts known as the sequester.
* Markey Leads: A Democratic poll conducted for two groups supporting his candidacy shows Rep. Ed Markey leading Rep. Stephen Lynch 42 percent to 28 percent in the Massachusetts Senate special Democratic primary election.
* Kissinger hospitalized: Former secretary of state Henry Kissinger was hospitalized after falling in his home. He is expected to be released today.
THE FIX MIX: