The new NBC-Wall Street Journal poll paints a dire picture of Americans’ opinions about Congress. Three in four believe Congress is making the problems in the country worse, not better. More than six in 10 want to replace their member of Congress with someone new.
So, is this the worst Congress ever? That depends on how you define “worst,” but there’s little doubt the 113th Congress is in the running for that ignominious title. Let’s go through the various ways worst can be measured — and how the 113th measures up.
1. Congress isn’t getting anything done. CHECK….
2. Congress isn’t popular. CHECK.
3. People don’t trust Congress to do the right thing. CHECK.
4. Congress is more polarized than ever before. CHECK.
5. Lots of people want to fire every member of Congress. CHECK.
6. More people believe they have seen a ghost than approve of Congress. CHECK.